Sustainable Gardening Program
The Missoula Countey Extension Sustainable Gardening Program is a multi-leveled program to explore both broad fundamentals of horticulture and plant production, as well as investigating specific advanced topics. This program is open to everyone and will be held at multiple times and locations to meet the community needs of the greater Missoula County.
- Registration for the 2013 Seeley Lake Sustainable Gardening Program is now open!
- Registration for the 2014 Missoula County Sustainable Gardening Program will be open soon.
Winter Horticulture Series.
Yes, winter is here, but that doesn't mean you have to forget about the greenery that livens up the landscape in the summer months. Come join us for an evening once a month to learn about a new topic, hear from a guest speaker, meet with fellow gardening and horticulture enthusiasts, or to share a snack. This is a free event to help keep the winter lively, so come on down and bring a friend.
- November: How to grow an award winning giant pumpkins in your backyard, an evening with Emmett May, aka Lord of the Gourd.
- December: No events in lieu of the holidays
- January: Ethnobotanical review of the food and flavors derived from local native plants.
- February: Gardening indoors. How to efficiently and economically produce fresh greens in your home.
- March: TBD, check back soon.
Horticulture Topics we specialize in:
- Soil building
- Organic Gardening
- Integrated Pest Management
- Native Plant Restoration
- Greenhouse and Nursery Production
Pest Alert Phone Line (258-3820) is a weekly taped gardening and pest management message available 24 hours 7 days per week.