subdivisionAny person or state agency proposing a mine, a major facility, an electric, communication, gas or liquid transmission line, a solid waste facility, a highway or road, a subdivision, a commercial, industrial, or government development, or any other development that needs state or local approval and that results in the potential for noxious weed infestation, is required to have an approved Revegetation Plan from the Missoula County Weed District.

In order to help people in Missoula County more easily navigate the weed management plan requirements of the subdivision process, we have developed the following guidelines and management plan examples:

If you have questions or need help with a Subdivision Vegetation/Weed Management Plan contact Bryce Christiaens, Weed District Manager, at bryce or call (406) 258-4217.

Disturbed Sites

Prior to implementing projects please submit the Revegetation Plan for Disturbed Sites form.  Once submitted this form will be reviewed by the Missoula County Weed District.  If you have any questions regarding this form, contact Matt Deaton, Prevention Coordinator, at matt or call (406) 258-4218.

Opencut Mining and Gravel Pits
For information regarding the DEQ requirements for an opencut mine, click here.
Do you have a different type of development activity? 

For more information on all other development activity, contact Bryce Christiaens, Weed District Manager, at bryce or call (406) 258-4217.




Go to Top